Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Whats the soup?"

If you have ever been in the customer service business, you may have already gotten why I am calling my blog "What's the soup?"

I try to make a good first impression when walking up to a table. You know what they say (who..m ? ever these people are), "You don't get a second chance to make a first impression." I believe this to be true about myself but also about my customers.

Back to the soup.

Walk up to a table and before I can as how they are doing, "What's the soup?"

Part of me wants to respond with "Excellent! Thanks so much for asking! I'm great, how are you?"

When I worked at a drive up coffee shop, we were prompted to ask how the customer was doing to leave them with a positive experience instead of just "what do you want?"

"Hi! Welcome to.."

"I'll take a double small mocha, nonfat with whip cream. Make sure it's nonfat!"

And there goes the car.... "Excellent! Thanks so much for asking! I'm great, how are you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment