Thursday, September 24, 2009

Candid Camera.. are you there?

So, sometimes I find myself asking.. "Am I on Candid Camera?"
There was a similar show on MTV called "Boiling Points" where you earn money if you deal with someone long enough to not get upset. There was once a restaurant scenario where the patron would order something and the waitress would either tell them "Why would you order that? Nobody orders that." or takes the menu and scribbles out the item "Oh, we don't offer that anymore." I would ace that show. Cause that show is based on ACTUAL experience. It happens ALL THE TIME. But I'm not the waitress in this scene. I'm the baffled patron.
For instance, we offer one of our items in a variety of ways. The options allow you to have it cold or warm, which I think is nice..anywho. I'm taking orders and one of the ladies looks and at me and says
"So, I can this item cold or warm?"

"Yes."

Tilts head and stares at me with a look that tells me that I just grew two heads right in front of her.

"Why would you eat it warm? That's disgusting!"

When someone says something like this, I usually try to opt for the nicer answer, not the one that had popped into my head.

"Well, it's nice to have an option."

(All while thinking secretly, because there are more people than just you in the world and you don't have to order it, as my second head nods along.)

No comments:

Post a Comment